Melbourne, FL Prostitution Lawyer
If you have been charged with prostitution, solicitation or another prostitution-related crime, you may be feeling a great deal of stress and fear over the impact these charges can have on you and your family. Whether you have been charged as part of a prostitution sting or by an undercover police officer, having an experienced Melbourne prostitution attorney on your side is a must.
Depending on the facts of your case and your prior criminal record, prostitution related charges can be charged as either a misdemeanor or felony. That is why you need an aggressive attorney that will fight hard for your rights and reputation while also striving to maintain your privacy and operating with discretion. Below is just a brief overview of the potential penalties in Prostitution-related cases.
Penalties for a Conviction for Prostitution-related Offenses in Florida
- First offense (second-degree misdemeanor): Up to 60 days in jail and up to $500 in fines
- Second offense (first-degree misdemeanor): Up to one year in jail and up to $1,000 in fines
- Third offense (third-degree felony): Up to five years in jail and up to $5,000 in fines
- Offense involving a person under 18 years of age (second-degree felony): Up to 15 years in prison and up to $10,000 in fines
Penalties for a Conviction for Solicitation in Florida
- First offense (second-degree misdemeanor): Up to 60 days in jail or six months of probation and up to $500 in fines
- Second offense (third-degree felony): Up to five years in prison or five years of probation (mandatory minimum 10 days in jail) and $5,000 or more in fines
- In addition to the above-listed penalties, any person in Florida who is convicted of a Solicitation charge will be served with a mandatory $5,000 civil fine.
Additional Consequences for a Conviction for Prostitution-related Offenses
In addition to the above-listed penalties, you may also face the following be facing the below penalties for conviction on charges of prostitution or solicitation:
- Mandatory HIV testing
- Mandatory forfeiture of seized property
- Vehicle Impoundment
If you have been charged with a Prostitution-related offense, I can provide a free case evaluation to discuss your charges, potential penalties and to lay out a plan to prepare your best defense.